PHex is an easy to use tool which demonstrates the thermal calculations of Gasketed Plate Heat Exchangers, The plate dimensions and materials can be entered, this includes the size of plate heat exchanger and chevron angle (25 to 65 degrees).
Below is a list of main features:
1. Support S.I Units and English (U.S) Units of measurement
2. Import physical properties data to hot side and cold side from Microsoft Excel & from WeBBusterZ Physical properties database (included with full version)
3. Save/Load results
4. Export Results to Engineering Data sheet, pdf or excel format
5. Export Results summary to Microsoft excel or Print Results summary.
6. Temperature and Flow rate estimation in the event of insufficient data. including the ability to estimate any 2 Unknown temperatures providing that the Heat load and flow rates are specified as input.
7. Heat load required (clean or fouled) calculations.
8. Ability to specify a required heat load
9. Total effective area calculation.
10. Surface area calculation.
11. Number of plates calculations.
12. Overall Coefficient (clean / dirty) calculations.
13. Pressure drop Channel/Port/Total for Hot side and cold side Calculations.
14. Plate heat exchanger dimension calculations.
15. Velocity through ports, Mass velocity through channel/ports calculations.
16. Reynolds and Nusselt numbers calculations.
17. Heat transfer coefficient calculations
18. Estimate the Physical properties of pure components for more than 1450 components; the database comes as separate software but easily integrated with the software. (included with full version purchase)
19. Create your own database of Plates and Components. You can add your fluid physical properties and load the data to your project.
20. Fouling factors (included with full version)
21. Overall heat transfer coefficients
22. Material Thermal Conductivities
Read The publisher description in: French